Tuesday 22 May 2012

I saw the Beatles last night

After work today, I met up with with some friends to grab dinner at the pub, and on the walk there we turned a corner... and there was the ocean.  It was beautiful!  I know the ocean is right there, but I’m still surprized to see it, especially when turning a corner in town. 



It sprinkled a little on the way there, but not enough to use my umbrella, and since we were walking, I wasn’t cold at all.  We got to the Bryn Y Mor (or “the Bryn” as everyone calls it) at about 6pm and ordered our food and a pint. 

I had planned on going home after dinner to get some laundry done and get to bed early, but once we were at the pub we realized a Beatles cover band was playing at nine, which I didn't want to miss, so I decided I could do laundry later ;)

More people we knew happened to show up, and we ended up having a group of about eight watch the band.  I love live music, and the band was pretty good, so it ended up being quite a fun night!
I got home much later than I had planned, but it was worth it... I mean, how often do you get to watch the Beatles in the UK?

Fun phrases:

"Cwtch" pronounced kutch (rhymes with butch). According to what I have been told, and what I have found on a Welsh blog, a Cwtch is "a small, cozy place... like a cupboard beneath the stairs."  It also means "the act of creating a small space between you and another. It is like a hug ... but much much better! ... What's wonderful about cwtches is they reach out, and they engage with feeling."
-according to the Blog, "The Cwtch": http://the-cwtch.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/what-is-cwtch.html
An example of this being used was my friend saying "Not much better than cwtches with your goddaughter"

No comments:

Post a Comment